The dwiss wood recycle bin makes recycling quick, easy and elegant. Made from FSC Beech plywood, with four large compartments to accommodate all your waste and recycling needs. One of the upper compartments can be discreetly fitted with a bag for non-recyclables, whilst the other has a removable tub that can be taken to where you need it. The two lower compartments can be easily removed and carried in one hand when emptying, freeing up the other hand to open the door.
The dwiss’ innovative frame and compartment design enables it to provide a huge 80 litres / 17 gallons of capacity, despite it’s modest footprint. The average family will only have to empty it about once a week.
The dwiss wood recycle bin has been designed to support the Circular Economy. As such we’ve:
- used sustainable beech plywood that is durable, can be recycled and ultimately used as fuel to produce electricity
- minimised the amount of plywood required through an innovative frame and compartment design
- eliminated mechanical parts that might fail
- constructed the dwiss in a way that enables repair should wear and tear take its toll over the years
- given your dwiss a unique number to help us provide great customer care
- developed a clever packaging solution that minimises material use and can be easily recycled using your dwiss wood recycle bin
A design collaboration between Jon Walker & Alex Swain
British designer Alex Swain is based in London and creates pure and minimal products for the home and beyond. Alex combines form and function with clean aesthetics, to create designs made to last and that are available at affordable prices.